how i easter sunday. triple threat with hockey. ☕️🐣🌷
bc he hasn’t had the chance to get her spayed yet. the poor thing is overcome with such raging hormones its worse than a teenage boy. it’s torture watching her bc i feel so bad i can’t comfort her. she can’t even play or eat bc all her body wants to do is stick her butt up to assume the position.
i’m reading (for fun) this pediatric journal just because my brain is craving science. i’m learning about west syndrome, where children has spasms & seizure like activities. one recommendation that has been around since the 20’s is a ketogenic diet—
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate protein, low-carbohydrate diet that has been used for intractable childhood epilepsy since the 1920s. The diet mimics starvation by forcing the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. When there is little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. This state of ketosis is the driving force behind seizure control. Ketone bodies are a more efficient fuel than glucose, and the number of mitochondria is increased. This may help the neurons to remain more stable in the face of increased energy demands during a seizure and may confer a neuroprotective effect.
my damage at jcrew today. bright spring colors were necessary.
1. i was watching the news today and the apt complex i lived in 3 years ago was swarmed by the fbi due to a suspect involved in robbing banks & armored cars in philly. they raided one building and found money in one of the apartments. crazyyy.
2. tjoe’s frozen onion rings are bomb diggity. pop it in the oven for 12 minutes and tada perfect rings to enjoy.
3. a first year med student shadowed this morning at the office. he was cute and totally deer in headlights nervous. we were chatting it up when he paused to ask me “so as a 4th year do you feel comfortable & confident in seeing patients on your own?” i answered honestly and said yes, totally. that gave him hope that maybe one day he will too. and made me feel omg my training worked and hell yes i can actually do this.
4. our application to the house have been approved! so excited to finally be getting out of having to live in an apartment!
5. it’s not about the nail, please watch this it is hilarious.
happy easter weekending ya’ll!
i was trying to take a picture bc i know no one would believe me otherwise. but the treadmill was placed smack right in front of my elliptical facing me. it would’ve been far too obvious. but y’all even if, i can’t make it up. that shits way too good.
this girl is on a treadmill right now wearing the following:
rolled up bf jeans
fluffy slippers with bows
frizzy hair down
amy wine house eyeliner
what in the hell? at least it amuses my work out on the elliptical.